What is a greenhouse?
A greenhouse is a glass-walled cage-like structure where plants are grown. The environment inside the greenhouse is the same that is required for a plant to grow. In short, you can say that plants are pampered completely inside a greenhouse, and it is made sure that they grow well. In the following article, we get to know about How to build a greenhouse? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
Greenhouses are built in areas with ample water supply because water is an important constituent when plant growth is concerned—also, the areas where there is a scarcity of rainfall and unfavourable conditions for plant growth.
What are the things that are required to build a greenhouse?
Few things are required to make a greenhouse. They are:
- Good quality building material, which would include the frame of the house. Some people prefer to make frames out of wood, but you can also use pipes or aluminium. The frame or structure of the house depends upon the climate of the place where you chose to build it.
- Sharp tools to cut the wood or pipe to make a frame. This has to be done by a professional person because if not, you can hurt yourself with sharp blades or saws.
- Other hardware materials like drills, screws, hammers, or nails would also be necessary.
- A sheet to cover the greenhouse will retain the heat inside so that the plants may grow easily.
Let us learn how to build a greenhouse:
- You can construct a greenhouse easily when you have a proper plan. This marks the first step, which is to make a plan or buy a plan or even surf online for a plan on the internet. This will help you to have an idea of what you want your greenhouse to look like.
- When you have made a plan, you will have to choose an area where you will execute the plan. While choosing a location, you will have to make sure that you choose an open area where plants can absorb maximum sunlight.
- By using a measuring tape, you will have to measure that the area is the same in measurements, just as you want.
- Now the time comes when you lay down the foundation of the greenhouse. Make sure that the foundation is strong enough to make it stand firm.
- Now you will have to make the frame with the help of pipes or wood.
- Then you will have to cover the frame with a sheet that retains maximum heat.
- Make sure there is a vent for oxygen circulation to avoid the humidity.
Also read: how to clean dishwasher.